OMGHA has partnered with PraeVeni SBC to make available a high-quality preventative heart screening to ensure the wellness of our players. Many families in our community have been directly or indirectly affected by heart disease in a young person we know. Heart disease is a leading cause of sudden death in young people and an estimated 2-3% of people are born with heart defects. Symptoms are rarely experienced and heart disease can go undetected while the problem silently evolves into a greater health risk.
· PraeVeni administers a new 15-minute screening test that improves on the limitations of common diagnostic testing
· PraeVeni uses a state-of-the-art echocardiogram, considered the best approach to identifying heart disease, to confirm the presence of normal heart characteristics and rule-out risky heart features known to be associated with the leading causes of sudden cardiac death
· In the rare case normal characteristics cannot be confirmed, a player’s parent will be advised on how to receive a comprehensive heart exam from their physician.
· The heart screenings are administered at PraeVeni’s new screening center in Eden Prairie
· Dedicated screening dates have been blocked for November and December and registration will be rolled out by age group throughout October
· The cost is $50 per screening. OMGHA is committed to the wellness of our players, and has subsidized the amount for this reduced price.
· We encourage each family to take advantage of this preventative heart screening, and register their player(s) for one of the available screening times
Registration links will be sent to each group in the near future… the links will give access to the assigned days and times.
In general, the screening times are set up as follows:
Early November – Bantams & Peewees
Mid to Late November – U10, U12, U15, & Squirts
Early December – Jr. Gold & Mites, U6 & U8
**Dates and times are subject to shift, based on availability and demand.**